Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Wednesday, 15 May 2013 08:50
This is the head shaker of the day right here folks. After an astounding performance against Jim Miller at UFC 159, where Healy dominated Miller and eventually submitted him in a performance that had earned him fight of the night and submission of the night bonuses. Healy has thrown it all away by failing his UFC 159 drug test.
Written by Brandon Nocaute Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:35
Last Strikeforce heavyweight champion and current UFC contender Alistair Overeem will be making his return for the first time since a TKO loss to Antonio Silvain February. It appears Overeem will be fighting at UFC 164 in Milwaukee along with a heavyweight bout between Brandon Vera and Ben Rothwell.
Written by Brandon Nocaute Tuesday, 14 May 2013 17:13
Showtime first got into the Mixed Martial Arts business when they started airing Strikeforce which eventually became the number two promotion in the sport, but after the UFC bought the company and absorbed it with the UFC. Now it seems Showtime will be looking to get back into MMA and possibly with all female league Invicta.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Tuesday, 14 May 2013 11:10
Bellator is taking a beating in the news lately, with everything from all of their bad publicity surrounding Eddie Alvarez and their long drawn out contract dispute, to the handling of their ex bantamweight champion Zach Makovsky, to most recently their claims that they never tried to sign Leonard Garcia.Bellator is claiming that some impostor was going around trying to falsely sign fighters for Bellator, claiming they never approached Garcia, although Garcia's management de-bunked Bellator's theory. Now comes word from their welterweight champion that Bellator barely, if ever performs drug tests on their fighters.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Tuesday, 14 May 2013 08:22
It appears that Josh Barnett has changed his mind and wants to get a deal done with the UFC after the 2 sides walked away from the negotiation table late last year when they could not come to terms on a contract.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Monday, 13 May 2013 10:14
When Georges St. Pierre was asked the other day if a possible match up with middleweight king Anderson Silva would ever happen between the two champions, St. Pierre offered his usual non committal response. But instead wanted to threw his two cents in as to who he is picking as the winner of the UFC 162 main event between challenger Chris Weidman and Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Monday, 13 May 2013 09:59
Gegard Mousasi as revealed that he has been forced tro have a second surgery on his knee that he injured back in April at UFC on FUEL TV 9, Saying he is also seriously considering dropping down to compete at 185 in the UFC's middleweight division.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Monday, 13 May 2013 09:52
Josh Thomson accomplished what no one else had done before against Nate Diaz, he stopped him with strikes that evening at UFC on FOX 7, notching an emphatic victory in his return to the UFC. But of course like with any loss by either Diaz brother, they just can't accept their losses. Diaz was a guest on BJPenn.com radio recently, discussing his loss and eventually accusing Thomson of running and making "woman noises" throughout their fight. He also demanded a rematch.
Written by Brandon Nocaute Sunday, 12 May 2013 09:58
Former UFC welterweight title contender and highly talented British welterweight Dan Hardy returned to the UFC and picked up back-to-back wins. Hardy was then scheduled to face off against Matt Brown but was pulled off the card do to an abnormal heart beat. The UFC wants the fighter to get surgery, but Hardy belives it is pointless.
- XFC Lightweight Champ Nick Newell Refuses to Defend Title, Newell Stripped of Belt, Likely Released
- UFC President Dana White Says They are Working on a New MMA Glove Design to Reduce Eye Pokes
- And Now they are Cut Too, Leonard Garcia and Bart Palaszewski Released by UFC
- Shane Carwin Calls it a Career, Retires from MMA
- Pablo Garza, Antonio Carvalho and Clifford Starks Released by UFC
- Anderson Silva Gets Fined $50,000 By UFC After Missing UFC 162 Media Event
- Rich Franklin Feels he Only has 1 or 2 Fights left in him, Believes Bisping Would be A good Match-up
- UFC 162: Chris Weidman Reveals How He Believes He'll Defeat Anderson Silva (VIDEO)
- Nate Diaz Wants to Fight Anthony Pettis at 155, Pettis responds Calling it an "Easy Payday" (VIDEO)
- Thiago Alves Vs. Matt Brown slated for UFC on FOX Sports 1 1
- Check Kongo says he is on good terms with the UFC, re-signing a possibility
- Metamoris II Pro BJJ Invitational: Kron Gracie vs. Shinya Aoki Set for Main event on June 9th
- WSOF 3: Tyson Steele vs Steve Carl set as Co-Main event, Volkmann vs Beerbohm also added for June 14th
- UFC on FX 8: Chris Camozzi Steps in for Injured Philippou vs. 'Jacare’ Souza May 18th in Brazil
- Eddie Alvarez Going to Trial in Bellator Dispute, Moves to Florida to Join the Blackzilians
- Bellator 96: Michael Chandler vs. Dave Jansen Lightweight Title Fight Official for in June 19th
- UFC on FX 8: Costa Philippou Out of Fight With ‘Jacare’ Souza Due to Cut
- Jorge Masvidal calls Pat Healy and Jim Miller "easy paychecks" says he will take either guy next
- UFC’s Rousimar Palhares Decides to Move down to 170 pounds and fight at Welterweight
- Jon Jones’ Toe is NOT Broken; Champ Will Be Ready to Resume Training in 6-8 Weeks
Page 2 of 275
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)