When Poirier defeated Max Holloway at UFC 143 last weekend, the media asked him if he was looking for a title shot after his skillful display. He responded by saying he felt he wasn't quite ready for one just yet.
As it turns out, Poirier already had his next opponent in mind, he singled out fan favorite and someone who is also on a bit of a roll after making quick work of Mark Hominick at UFC 140 in Toronto. Poirier took aim at none other than the Korean Zombie Chan Sung Jung.
So the MMA gods listened and hav now set up Chan Sung Jung vs. Dustin Poirier and set it up as Main Event as well.
After Poirier took a stab at Jung via twitter, the Zombie responded by tweeting "Dustin Poirier, 6 seconds!"
Both fighters will now headline UFC on FUEL TV 3 on May 15 at Patriot Center in Fairfax, Virginia.
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)