Bellator 68 went down last night at Caesars Atlantic City New Jersey where we witnessed a great battle between Daniel Straus and Marlon Sandro as the main event.
Straus became the Bellator Season 6 Featherweight Tournament Champion and taking home a $100,000 with a dominating victory over Marlon Sandro, In additional tournament action, Marcos Galvao will move on to the finals of the Bellator Season 6 Bantamweight Tournament while Marius Zaromskis and Marcin Held picked up victories.
“I’m going to keep improving, I’m going to get better,” said Straus. “I have to go back to the drawing board and prepare for my title shot.”
The Marius Zaromskis fight against Waachiim Spiritwolf was not without controversy, in a really heated battle that went back and forth, Zaromskis seemed to be taking the fight in the second when he got clipped by Spiritwolf, Zaromskis reeled and tried to get out of the way to try to recover but Spiritwolf chased him down and clipped him again, dropping Zaromskis. Zaromskis covered up and was just barely able to make it out of the second round. Sadly for us fans and Spirtitwolf, he got cut in the melee and was deemed as too bad to continue by the fight doctor. The fight was called in between round 2 and 3, and a very lucky Zaromskis walked away with the TKO victory. The fans were clearly displeased that such an exciting fight was stopped booing heavily at the doctor's decision.
Marcin Held the leg lock magician showed us fans that he is incredibly dangerous on the ground, after getting a little beaten up standing by his opponent Derrick Kennington, Kennington actually dropped Held early, but Held didn't seemed too phased by the punch, Held quickly recovered and appeared he had enough with the stand-up and went to his bread and butter, BJJ, Held rushed Kennington, pushed him up against the caged, clamped onto him and dragged him down while grabbing only his leg in the process, Held twisted and positioned himself nicely, forcing Kennington to yell out "TAP". Held improves to 13-2. At some point Held will need to sharpen his Stand up skills if he expects to get past the more elite.
Here's the results for Bellator 68:
- Daniel Straus def. Marlon Sandro via unanimous decision
- Marcos Galvao def. Travis Marx via unanimous decision
- Marcin Held def. Derrick Kennington via submission (heel hook) at 2:08 R1
- Carmelo Marrero vs. Seth Petruzelli (cancelled due to illness)
- Marius Zaromskis def. Waachiim Spiritwolf via TKO (doctor stoppage) R2
- Aung La Nsang def. Jesus Martinez via TKO at 0:36 of round one
- Francois Ambang def. Gregory Milliard via split decision
- Anthony Leone def. Claudio Ledesma via split decision
- Don Carlo-Clauss def. Jacob Kirwan via split decision
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)