The UFC has been announcing match-ups for their upcoming events at a blinding pace these days, and now yet another fight has been added to UFC on FUEL TV 4 today.
The UFC has just officially announced that “The Ultimate Fighter” 12 contestant Alex “Bruce Leeroy” Caceres and WEC veteran Damacio Page have will be locking horns in the octagon on July 11th in a bantamweight contest.
Caceres hasn’t fared so well in his UFC career so far, only managing a lowly 1-3 record, In Caceres’ most recent fight, he lost via split decision to Edwin Figueroa at UFC 143 in February. However he did show a brief glimpse of excellence when impressively handled Cole Escovedo at UFC on Fox: Velasquez vs. Dos Santos winning via unanimous decision.
Page doesn’t really have much to brag about over his last six fights, amassing a subpar 2-4 record and is currently on a 3 fight losing streak that spans back to WEC 52 in 2010, since 2009 Page has only fought once a year, his inactivity is likely part of the reason he hasn’t fared so well. Losing to Caceres will likely seal Pages fate as a UFC fighter, so this is an absolute must-win situation for the bantamweight.
Here's the card so far:
MAIN CARD (FUEL TV)
- Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman
- James Te Huna vs. Brandon Vera
- Jon Fitch vs. Aaron Simpson
- Francis Carmont vs. Karlos Vemola
- T.J. Dillashaw vs. Vaughan Lee
- Rafael dos Anjos vs. Anthony Njokuani
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Rapahel Assuncao vs. Issei Tamura
- Chris Cariaso vs. Josh Ferguson
- Rafael Natal vs. Andrew Craig
- Tom DeBlass vs. Nick Penner
- Alex Caceres vs. Damacio Page
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)