Titan Fighting Championships held their 22nd event tonight in Kansas City, an event that had all but one of the fight go past the 2nd round.
The only fight that went to a decision was the Main event of exiled ex-UFC middleweight Anthony Johnson vs. another ex UFC fighter David Branch. This was Johnson's debut fight for the Titan Fighting Championships since he was released by the UFC for missing weight 3 times. Sadly for Johnson the change of promotions didn;t help his weight cutting issues as he turned up overweight again, Johnson showed up for his middleweight bout at 194.2lbs, and unexpectedly Johnson's challenger also came in overweight at 189.2lbs. The main event was then turned into a catch-weight bout.
The new catch-weight bout between the two ex UFC fighters was unimpressive and fought for the most part very tentatively by both fighters, Although Johnson did seem to try to press the action, but branch was back pedalling and often too evasive. The slow and uneventful main event capped an evening of much better, and far more exciting fights.
Here's the main card results:
- Anthony Johnson def. Dave Branch via unanimous decision.
- L.C. Davis def. Bill Kamery via TKO at 2:59 of R2
- Andrew Whitney def. Jose Vega via KO at of 2:55 of R1
- Fabio Mello def. Angelo Duarte via submission (arm triangle) at 4:34 of R1
- Rudy Bears def. Nick Nolte via submission (punches) at 3:57 of R1.
- Mirsad Bektic def. Willie Mack via TKO at 0:27 of R2.
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)