Belo Horizonte, Brazil - UFC 147 went down last night with some good fights and some better than expected action considering all the changes to this card. The main event delivered the action it promised, unlike last nights main event between Gray Maynard and Clay Guida.
The rematch between Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva showed Franklin's smart approach to Silva, establishing a stiff jab that seemed to keep Silva off balance, but every time we started to think Silva was getting taken advantage of, Silva would pour it on, and attack Franklin.
Silva had his best chance and moment in the second round, where he stunned Franklin with a heavy right hand that dropped Franklin to the mat where Silva followed him, Silva unleashed a barrage of punches, however Franklin was able to keep moving enough to satisfy the referee, and this all taking place with less than a minute left in the round. Franklin was able to tough it out and last out the round. Moving on to the 3rd round, Silva seemed like he punched himself out in the second round and Franklin took over, picking apart Silva for the rest of the 5 rounds, and earning a 49-46 unanimous decision win over the crowd favorite Silva.
Also worth noting is Fabricio Werdum's performance against Chicago cop, Mike Russow. Werdum started strong, laying some heavy punches on Russow, backing him up a bit. Russow returned with some strong left hooks which Werdum returned with a flurry of his own, clipping Russow and dropping him to the mat where Werdum pounced on and laid some nasty punches to the side of the head until the referee intervened and stopped the fight, earning a first round TKO victory.
Knock Out of The Night - Marcus Vinicius = $65,000
Submission of The Night - Rodrigo Damm = $65,000
Fight of The Night - Rich Franklin vs. Wanderlei Silva = $65,000
Full UFC 147 Results:
- Rich Franklin def. Wanderlei Silva via unan. decision
- Cezar Ferreira def. Sergio Moraes via unan. decision -
Wins "TUF: Brazil" middleweight tourney
- Rony Mariano Bezerra def. Godofredo de Oliveira via unan. decision -
Wins "TUF: Brazil" featherweight tourney
- Fabricio Werdum def. Mike Russow via TKO (punches) - R1, 2:28
- Hacran Dias def. Yuri Alcantara via unanimous decision
- Rodrigo Damm def. Anistavio Medeiros via sub. (rear-naked choke) - R1, 2:12
- Francisco Drinaldo def. Delson Heleno via TKO (punches) - R1, 4:21
- Hugo Viana def. John Teixeira via split decision
- Thiago Perpetuo def. Leonarda Mafra via TKO (punches) - R3, 0:41
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Marcos Vinicius def. Wagner Campos via TKO (strikes) - R3, 1:04
- Felipe Arantes and Milton Vieira fight to a split draw
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)