The UFC has just announced that Jake Shields will return to action in August, and he will be returning to the Middleweight division after a 1-2 run in the UFC at Welterweight.
Shields will be fighting Ed "Short Fuse" Herman in his middleweight return. Shields last fought Yoshihiro Akiyama in Japan back in February, winning by unanimous decision, but in reality he barely did beat Akiyama. And is likely part of why he's decided to go back to middleweight.
Herman has returned after taking almost 2 years off to heal from injuries with a bang, going 3-0 so far. Herman last appeared against Clifford Starks at UFC 143 where he submitted Starks via rear naked choke in the second round. All 3 of his fights have also been finished, 2 subs and 1 TKO. This is a big step up in competition for Herman, he's earned it, but will he be able to get past Shields?
UFC 150 takes place on August 11th 2012 at the Pepsi Center in Denver Colorado.
Here's the UFC 150 card so far:
- Benson Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar (lightweight title fight)
- Donald Cerrone vs. Melvin Guillard
- Ed Herman vs. Jake Shields
- Yushin Okami vs. Rousimar Palhares
- Chris Camozzi vs. Buddy Roberts
- Jared Hamman vs. Michael Kuiper
- Eiji Mitsuoka vs. Nik Lentz
- Justin Lawrence vs. Max Holloway
- Dennis Bermudez vs. Tom Hayden
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)