Travis Brown appears that he will now be watching the UFC on FOX 4 event from the seats rather than participating, as his opponent Ben Rothwell has injured his ankle in training and will not be able to fight at the event.
The UFC cofirmed Rothewell's situation last night.
It's very likely the UFC will not look to replace Rothwell considering how little time there is left before the event. The UFC is now bumping Mike Swick vs. Damarques Johnson bout up to the main card, which answers any questions about Rothwell being replaced.
It's certainly a tough break for Browne who will now have to wait to be added to another upcoming card.
UFC on FOX 4 is set for August 4th in Los Angeles at the Staples Center.
Here's how the UFC on FOX 4 card looks now:
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua vs. Brandon Vera
- Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader
- Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson
- Joe Lauzon vs. Jamie Varner
- Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan
- Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado
- Josh Grispi vs. Rani Yahya
- Phil De Fries vs. Oli Thompson
- Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa
- Ulysses Gomez vs. John Moraga
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)