What a great night of fights tonight in Kansas City at INVICTA 2, of the 14 fights on the huge fight card, only four fights went the distance and ten Fights were finsihed which made Invicta 2 a very entertaining event.
Coming off a successful promotional debut, Invicta FC produced another exciting night of fights, their matchmaking was spot on tonight which culminated in an absolute 3 round war between Olympic silver medalist Sara McMann and a super tough and very talented Shayna Baszler. McMann controlled the fight for the most part with her wrestling, but Baszler gave back as much as McMann dished out, the fight was close, and could have been scored a draw as well. It was an absolute war, and a lock for fight of the night.
"That was by far the toughest and most skilled fighter I have ever fought," McMann said during the post fight interview.
In other action tonight, Alex Davis impressed with a strong and sharp performance against Japan's Hitomi Akano where submitting Akano in the second round.
Liz Caramouche faced off against Kaitlin Young, Young came out swinging and pushing the pace battering Caramouche with her muay thai, But Caramouche weathered the early storm and came back to submit young via submission.
Japanese Jewels champ Ayaka Hamasaki (8-0) kept her undefeated streak intact with a third-round submission win over last minute addition Lacey Schuckman.
Strikeforce fighter Amanda Nunes had a hard time with another last minute addition in Hawaii's Raquel Pa’aluhi. Pa’aluhi did well at first, where she was able to take Nunes down and take her back, and almost submitting Nunes, but when Pa’aluhi was trying to switch to an armbar, Nunes was able to switch positions and take Pa’aluhi's back where she choked her out taking only 2:24 to win the fight
Fight Of The Night - Sara McMann vs. Shayna
Submission Of The Night - Alex Davis and Sarah D’Alelio both earn Bonuses
Knock Out Of The Night - None
MAIN CARD RESULTS
- Sara McMann def. Shayna Baszler via unan. decision
- Alexis Davis def. Hitomi Akano via sub. (rear-naked choke) R2, 3:41
- Liz Carmouche def. Kaitlin Young via sub. (rear-naked choke) R1, 3:34
- Ayaka Hamasaki def. Lacey Schuckman via sub. (armbar) R3, 4:45
- Amanda Nunes def. Raquel Pa’aluhi via tech. sub.
(rear-naked choke) R1, 2:24
- Sarah D'Aleilo def. Vanessa Porto via sub. (armbar) R1, 3:16
- Barb Honchak def. Bethany Marshall via TKO (punches) R2, 1:22
- Julia Budd def. Elina Nilsson via KO (strikes) R1, 3:49
- Carla Esparza def. Sarah Schneider via TKO (punches) R2, 4:28
- Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc def. Angelica Chavez via unan. decision
PRELIMINARY CARD RESULTS
- Raquel Pennington def. Sarah Moras via unan. decision
- Jessamyn Duke def. Suzie Montero via TKO (strikes) R3, 2:32
- Jocelyn Lybarger def. Cheryl Chan via unanimous decision
- Liz McCarthy def. Jessica Philippus via TKO (doctor's stoppage) R1, 5:00
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)