That was quick re-booking, after Rob Broughton had to back out of his fight with Matt Mitrione recently due to personal issues he needed to deal with, The UFC appears to have been able to find them a spot on an upcoming card, and rather quickly too.
The matchup was confirmed by mmaweekly.com.
Both fighters were set to do battle this weekend at UFC on FOX 4 in Los Angeles, but now they will be fighting at UFC on FX 5 ON October 5 in Minneapolis.
Mitrione last appeared in the octagon against French Striker Cheick Kongo, where the Frenchman out worked “Meathead” Mitrione on his way to a unanimous decision at UFC 137, the loss dropped Mitrione’s record to 4-1.
British fighter Rob Broughton is also looking to get back to his winning ways with a win of Mitrione, having lost his last two fights in a row to Travis Browne and most recently losing to Phil De Fries at UFC 138 back in November via unanimous decision.
Here’s the UFC on FX 5 card so far:
- Travis Browne vs. Antonio Silva
- Matt Mitrione vs. Rob Broughton*
- Jussier da Silva vs. John Dodson*
- Bart Palaszewski vs. Diego Nunes*
* = Unofficial
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)