The UFC 153 card in Rio is growing quite rapidly, as today there is yet a another fight being added to the upcoming event. It appears Gabriel Gonzaga will also be fighting on the Brazil card and will be taking on promotional Newcomer Gerônimo “Mondragon” dos Santos.
According to Brazilian MMA website tatame.com, The UFC has signed Dos Santos and he will be taking on Gonzaga in his debut. “Mondragon” is currently riding a impressive 12 fight winning streak that started only last year in April, in fact he has to be one of, if not the most active fighters in MMA, fighting racking up an incredible 10 fights in 2011 alone, and fighting 4 times already this year too. Dos Santos is also 16-2 in his last 18 fights. and even more impressive is that he's finished 13 of those wins by KO/TKO and out of those 16 wins he's only gone to a decision once. Excellent stats indeed.
After being released and then temporarily retiring, Gonzaga was brought back into the UFC to face newcomer and highly regarded heavyweight prospect Edinaldo Oliveira. Gonzaga surprised many fans that night with a rear naked choke submission 1 st round victory over Oliveira.
The UFC also announced vis twitter today that Luiz Cane will return to the octagon and fight in his homeland against American Chris Camozzi. Cane has had some moments of brillaince and some low points in his run with the UFC where he has an even 4-4 record, Cane started his UFC career with a 3-1 run, but is only 1-3 in his last 4 fights losing his last fight to Stanslav Nedkov via 1st round KO back in august of last year. Cane has since been recovering from injuries and is looking to get back to winning against Camozzi.
Since returning to the UFC, Camozzi has put together a 2 fight win streak, most recently defeating Nick Catone via TKO back at UFC on FX 4 just over a moth ago. Cammozzi has finsihed both of his fights since his return.
Here's the UFC 153 card so far:
- Champion: Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (featherweight title bout)
- Alan Belcher vs. Vitor Belfort
- Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Glover Teixeira
- Jon Fitch vs. Erick Silva
- Rony "Jason" Mariano Bezerra vs. Sam Sicilia
- Demian Maia vs. Rick Story
- Chris Camozzi vs. Luiz Cane
- Diego Brandao vs. Joey Gambino
- Reza Madadi vs. Cristiano Marcello
- Sergio Moraes vs. Renee Forte
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)