The UFC 152 card in Toronto in September has just lost a huge fight off of their card. Rory MacDonald has suffered a deep cut that will prevent him for training for a month, which means he cannot finish his training camp for BJ Penn.
MacDonald's cut required 38 stitches to close, but as bad as it sounds, the stitches are very tiny, something a plastic surgeon would do, nonetheless as you see in the image below, it's was still a pretty big gash.
According to MacDonald's management, they are asking the UFC to move the fight to UFC 154 in Montreal in November, but it appears that Penn's camp is now interested in fighting in Brazil in October. Can't blame him, he's just into his training camp and it would be hard to shut it down and start up again later to fight in November in 4 months, so I think the October card in Rio is a much better fit.
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)