The latest fight to be added to May's UFC 160 event is a welterweight bout that places Icelandic top prospect Gunnar Nelson up against veteran UFC fighter Mike Pyle.
Sources at the UFC have confirmed the bout with mmajunkie.com.
Nelson who is a 11-0-1 and 2-0 inside the UFC's octagon with 2 very impressive victory's where notched a unanimous decision victory against Jorge Santiago last month, his 11th win in a row. Nelson is now set to face the toughest and most experienced fighter in his career vs. Mike Pyle.
Mike Pyle has done very well since signing with the UFC where he has put together a very respectable 7-3 record and is currently enjoying a 3 fight win streak, most recently dispatching James Head with a nasty Knee in a TKO victory at the TUF 16 Finale. Impressively all three of Pyles in this win streak have been 1st round TKO/KO's.
UFC 160 takes place May 25 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Here's the UFC 160 fight card so far:
- Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva - Heavyweight title bout
- Gunnar Nelson vs. Mike Pyle*
- Junior dos Santos vs. Alistair Overeem
- Ryan Bader vs. Glover Teixeira
- TJ Grant vs. Gray Maynard
- Donald Cerrone vs. KJ Noons
- Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Abel Trujillo
- Amir Sadollah vs. Stephen Thompson
- Estevan Payan vs. Jeremy Stephens
|< Prev||Next >|
Upcoming MMA events
- UFC 160: Velasquez vs. Silva (25.05)
- UFC Brazil: Werdum vs. Nogueira (08.06)
- Pancrase: 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament (30.06)
- Pancrase (21.07)
- UFC on Fox 8 (27.07)
- Pancrase 2013 Neo-Blood Tournament Finals (28.07)
- Pancrase: 20th Anniversary (29.09)
- MFC 38: Behind Enemy Lines (04.10)
- UFC on Fox 9 (14.12)