Written by Sean OBrien Friday, 06 December 2013 18:12
And after a quick week, the UFC is back with what, on paper, appears to be a fun, all-around great card. The main card seems like it was tailor made for some KO’s, and you have quite a few of the biggest power punchers availablefighting. We are going to focus on the main card for this breakdown, but please feel free to put your picks on any of the fights in the comments. This begins the December run of three great cards for the UFC, and 2 of them are free thanks to the FOX deal. The UFC on FOX 9 card will be broken down at the beginning of next week, and that one is so loaded with great fights, I don’t know what to do. But back to the task at hand; and let the power punching begin.
Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 14 November 2013 18:18
Welcome back, fight fans, as we venture onward to another championship fight. Word just broke this past week that Anthony Pettis is out of the Josh Thomson fight, so we will have to wait for that until after the new year. In the meanwhile, the best welterweight fighter on the planet will be defending his belt against a formidable KO artist in Johny Hendricks.
Written by Sean OBrien Tuesday, 05 November 2013 18:58
Aaaannnnndddddd…. we are back! (Finally!) Thanks for joining us, faithful readers, while we plunge ahead into the depths of winter and the 6 UFC events left in 2013. Only 2 of these events are PPV, and we are getting the Pettis - Thomson Title fight on FOX. The UFC Fight Night card from Brazil is filled with good matchups, but we are going to focus on four of the most highly anticipated fights on this card, including the true Ultimate Fighter Brasil finale that we didn’t get to see because of injury. The first fight will be opening the main card, and pits Rony Jason against the always tough Jeremy Stephens.
Written by Sean OBrien Wednesday, 03 July 2013 18:50
Here we go once again fight fans, we have a great card this Saturday night. On top of the long awaited return of the Spider, we get at least 3 fights that will end with someone getting absolutely knocked out cold. The fight I am most interested in besides the main event is actually the opener of the PPV, the Cub Swanson Dennis Siver battle. But I am getting ahead of myself here... On to the undercard breakdown.
Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 27 June 2013 14:51
Here's our second interview with the 12-0 undefeated Myles "Fury" Jury. MMAMatrix.com's Sean O'Brien sits down with Jury to discuss his last fight with Ramsey Nijem as well as his upcoming UFC 165 bout in Toronto on September 21st against Canadian Mike Ricci.
Written by Brandon Nocaute Thursday, 27 June 2013 03:02
Current UFC welterweight champion George St. Pierre made a gutsy prediction for UFC 162 stating that Chris Wiedman would not only beat the sports pound-for-pound greatest, but he would finish him. Anderson Silva responds.
Written by Jason Gittens Tuesday, 25 June 2013 20:38
In professional sports, and especially fighting, you have to believe in yourself 1000%, as a pro mma fighter you are often your biggest supporter and harshest critic. Most fighters when they are winning believe they can beat anyone, and this is how one must think in order to be successful. There is no room for doubt.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Monday, 24 June 2013 10:41
It's never been any kind of a secret that UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz absolutely dislikes ex WEC featherweight champion Urijah Faber. The two have been taking shots at each other for years. Their mutual dislike for each other even culminated with the UFC building a season of TUF around this dynamic.
Written by www.MMAMatrix.com Staff Monday, 24 June 2013 10:31
The third UFC on FOX Sports card has just been bolstered by the addition of two more top level match ups.
- Report: Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop Re-match Likely Set for November in Russia
- UFC cuts Roger Hollett, Anthony Smith, Nah-Shon Burrell, Karlos Vemola, Eddie Mendez and Leandro Silva
- Report: flyweights Joseph Benavidez vs. Jussier 'Formiga' da Silva Added to Brazil UFC on FOX Sports 1:3
- Megumi Fujii to retire after one last fight in Japan
- Tim Boetsch Feels Weidman Lacks The Experience to Beat Silva, 'It would be a surprise for me if he won.'
- WSOF 4 Fight Card: Nick Newell Debut's vs. Keon Caldwell, Spong vs. De Anda in Main Event
- Bellator loses 2 veterans, as 'Babalu' Sobral and Seth Petruzelli Both Retire After Tough Losses
- UFC 165: Ivan Menjivar. vs. Kid Yamamoto Set for in Toronto September 21st
- UFC 164: Jamie Varner vs. Gleison Tibau Booked for August 31st in Milwaukee
- UFC 167: Georges St-Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks To Be Main Event for 20th Anniversary Show
- Hector Lombard Officially Announces Drop to Welterweight, then calls out Nate Marquardt
- UFC 162: Ricardo Lamas Pulled From Event, Munoz vs. Boetsch Move Up to Main Card
- UFC on FOX 8: MacDonald and Ellenberger Fight Begins via Twitter, and It's getting personal
- UFC 165: Mike Ricci vs. Myles Jury Offically Announced for Toronto September 21st
- UFC 164: Brunson vs. Romero, Cedenblad vs. Hamman and Krauss vs. Lim added For Aug. 31st
- UFC 163: With Pettis Injured,'Korean Zombie' Now Fight's Jose Aldo for Featherweight Title
- UFC 161 Evans vs. Henderson Full Main Card Video Highlights
- UFC 161: Evans vs. Henderson - Results and Bonuses, Evans defeats Henderson, Miocic Dominates Nelson
- UFC 166: Cain Velasquez vs. Junior dos Santos 3 Set for October in Houston
- UFC 165: Jon Jones vs. Alexander Gustafsson Set for Toronto on September 21st
Page 1 of 285