Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 06 March 2014 17:59
We have a very busy upcoming month and a half, fight fans, one that will change the landscape of the MMA world as we know it. There will be a new welterweight champion, a new challenger for Ronda Rousey, some basic elimination of potential contenders in the LHW and HW division, and definitive word on who is next for Aldo, Barao, and Mighty Mouse. Lets get to this weekends matchups, where I will pick a few fights from the undercard and briefly break them down.
Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 20 February 2014 20:08
Welcome once again fight fans. This UFC 170 breakdown is brought to you by late minute replacement Patrick Cummins, who went from obscurity to the co-main event by way of Twitter. Thats not to say that he has any real shot at beating Daniel Cormier, but the UFC desperately wants you to believe he does. Of course Chael accepted the fight too, he would fight anyone anywhere, and love him or hate him, you gotta respect him.
So the co-main event has now gone from being Cormiers first real test at 205 lbs, to being a tune up fight that has to stay the co-main because there ain’t a hell of alot else to promote to that position.
Written by Sean OBrien Wednesday, 12 February 2014 20:29
After the initial disappointment of UFC 169, when I objectively look back, it was a basically good card overall. The undercard absolutely sucked the life out of the ramp up to the PPV, with boring decisions and safe fights, but that Trujillo - Varner barnburner was a classic comeback fight that will likely look better and better to us in remembrance.
Overeem looked good, and even though he has lost his last 4 fights, please remember that Frank Mir is fighting the absolute best guys in the world. If he goes to another promotion, look out, because he will buzzsaw through most heavyweights outside of the top 10.
Written by Sean OBrien Tuesday, 11 February 2014 13:49
Well, that had the potential to be a great night of fights, but it ended up being a decision dominated card, and one of the most boring undercards I have seen in a long while. It wasn’t that the fights went to a decision for the most part, it was the lackluster performance of the fighters as a means to get to the decision.
Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 30 January 2014 03:19
Now that the dust has started to settle from UFC on FOX last Saturday night, we can begin thinking about this huge card set to take place February 1st in Chicago. With two belts on the line, and a great matchup at heavyweight, this one should be exciting. This has major implications for two of the lighter divisions, and maybe a new lease on life in the heavyweight division. All in all, this is a great card, and whatever name value the undercard is lacking, the PPV more than makes up for, and it should be a great night of fights.
Written by Sean OBrien Thursday, 30 January 2014 03:10
Rampage, I’m sorry to say this but right now, Tyrone Spong would whoop your ass, and your only shot would be to get him off his feet… and judging by the last few double legs we’ve seen you attempt, that wouldn’t happen…
Written by Sean OBrien Wednesday, 22 January 2014 23:46
Happy New Year fight fans! We will be looking at this top heavy UFC on FOX title eliminator headlined card, and sprinkling in one or two of the best looking undercard matchups. There are some very interesting matchups on this card, as well as some other, not quite as exciting bouts. We will be taking a quick view of two specific undercard contests, and then jumping right to the main card on FOX. Lets get it started…
Written by Brandon Nocaute Saturday, 14 December 2013 15:06
Former UFC Light-Heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort returned to the UFC in 2009 after roughly four years outside of the organization. In his return he has been fairly successful, but what is to blame for his success? Here I will give my throughts on the situation as many have before me while he is on the cusps of a title shot.
Written by Brandon Nocaute Saturday, 14 December 2013 13:21
Former Strikeforce title contender and current top UFC prospect Tyron Woodley is looking to make his name known in the UFC's welterweight division and he hopes to get his chance at UFC 171.
- GSP Vacates Title and takes Leave, Hendricks Vs. Lawler Fight for the Crown
- UFC on FOX 9 - Johnson vs Benavidez: Preliminary Card Breakdown and Predictions
- UFC on FOX 9 - Johnson vs Benavidez: Main Card Breakdown and Predictions
- UFC Fight Night 33 Hunt vs. Silva: Main Card Breakdown and Predictions
- UFC 167 St. Pierre vs. Hendricks: Main Card Breakdown and Predictions
- UFC FIGHT NIGHT 32: Belfort vs. Henderson Main Card Predictions and Breakdown
- UFC 162: Silva vs. Weidman - Full Preliminary and Main Card Breakdown and Predictions
- MMAMatrix.com EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW : Myles “Fury” Jury Q and A
- Anderson Silva responds to GSP, says he chose not to fight
- UFC Quote: Matt Brown Says: “If I go in there the best I can be, I know I’d destroy Georges St. Pierre”
- Quote: Dominick Cruz says Urijah Faber will 'Forever' be a Contender and ‘Never Anything More'
- UFC on FOX Sports 1.3: Glover Teixeira vs. Ryan Bader and Yushin Okami vs. Ronaldo Souza Added
- Report: Emelianenko vs. Cro Cop Re-match Likely Set for November in Russia
- UFC cuts Roger Hollett, Anthony Smith, Nah-Shon Burrell, Karlos Vemola, Eddie Mendez and Leandro Silva
- Report: flyweights Joseph Benavidez vs. Jussier 'Formiga' da Silva Added to Brazil UFC on FOX Sports 1:3
- Megumi Fujii to retire after one last fight in Japan
- Tim Boetsch Feels Weidman Lacks The Experience to Beat Silva, 'It would be a surprise for me if he won.'
- WSOF 4 Fight Card: Nick Newell Debut's vs. Keon Caldwell, Spong vs. De Anda in Main Event
- Bellator loses 2 veterans, as 'Babalu' Sobral and Seth Petruzelli Both Retire After Tough Losses
- UFC 165: Ivan Menjivar. vs. Kid Yamamoto Set for in Toronto September 21st
Page 1 of 286